What is Drunken B.S.? It's a bunch of useless information to debate when drinking, ya dig?

Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Last Top 10 of the year

This is my last one and this one is:
"Top 10 Sports Event's of 2008"

Alright here's my list and like I said it's my last one so enjoy.....

10. Beijing Summer Olympics
To be totally honest I didn't watch to much of the Olympics, besides the one girl from winning golds from the Dallas area I didn't care too much about it. The stadiums and arenas were really off the chain!!! That birds nest one was cool, oh and before I forget Michael Phillps really Ray-J'ed the Olympics, haha teach them mo fo's to laugh at our fearless leader George W Bush lol.

9. NBA Playoffs

Let me say the playoffs were the shit!!!! On this list of coarse I added the finals from all the major sports, but this is the only sport I added the playoffs to the list. I lost touch with basketball throughout the years, but man this one was fun and entertaining. I was rooting for "The Lebron's " to take it. Man the Celtics had a run, I thought for sure Atlanta had their number. What about Chris Paul and the hornets administering an ass raping to the Mav's? Or what about the emerging Dwight Howard? It was fun all the way to the end.

8. Upcoming Stars for the NHL
"Alexander Ovechkin and Sidney Crosby"
Hockey got what they have been desperately needing..... Upcoming Superstars, and they got em this past year. It was fun watching Crosby and Ovechkin battled it out last year throughout the season all the way into the playoffs. I remember hoping that this two would've meet in the finals. It's gonna be fun following them through the remainder of this season.

7. Rampage .vs. Griffin
Man this damn fight pissed me off!!! It was a bad ass fight but pissed me off son!!! Griffin exposed a weakness in Rampage and took it to him the whole damn fight!!! That's all I gotta say about this one, next...

6.MLB World Series
This pick was mainly a default pick. I'm not a fan of what the Rays did this year, I don't like fluke teams like these, and i'm glad the Phillies won. I'm done with this one, next...

5. Jimmie Johnson wins his 3rd Nascar Sprint Championship
I'm not going to pretend that i'm some Nascar guru, but winning three championships in a row is a major accomplishment that should be on anyone's top 10 list of the year.

4. NBA Finals

Well it's always good seeing renewed rivalries battle out for the championship. Not to mention but the commercials were pretty badass son!!! Especially with the Radiohead tune "House of Cards" in the background. I think all in all NBA scored high this past season.

3. Oscar De La Hoya .vs. Manny Pacquiao

Boy this fight all that and some! I guess because I love seeing De La Hoya take a beaten like he did. Not to be selfish but it also opened up the eyes to those who weren't aware of Mr. Manny. I can't wait to see him move up and take Hatten's belt next year and hopefully pave the way for a Mayweather fight..... I'm keeping the fingers crossed.

2. Super Bowl XLII
Let me begin by saying I HATE THE GIANTS!!!! I believe the Patriots should have won that game. I give Eli Manning no credit, yea he won a Super Bowl, but so did Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypkin, Doug Williams, and so did Brad Johnson. Are you going to tell me that they deserve the same credit of the likes of Joe Montana, Terry Bradsaw, Bart Starr, Troy Aikman? Didn't think so. You also have to admit 4 Super Bowl appearances by the Patriots in the '00's is amazing.

1. B.C.S. Drama
I think we all could agree that the B.C.S. drama of this fall had to have been the story of the sports world this year. The whole drama with Texas Tech, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida was crazy. Not to mention this was a bad ass year of college football! This year proved that college football needs a playoff system.

No comments: